How to Install the Facebook Pixel in 2019
What is the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel is code you add to your website that enables you to track certain events and build audiences for your Facebook ads.
The Facebook Pixel code will be pasted just once before the closing head tag (</head>) in your website. Adding the Facebook Pixel to your website will track all the website’s pages and Facebook users that access them.
The main purpose of the Facebook pixel is to track users that navigate to certain pages of your website. There are different ways to use it:
- Measure conversions (sales, sign-ups and more!)
- Get rich insights about the people who visit your website.
- Build Custom Audiences of recent website visitors (such as people who added an item to their cart, visited a product page, or signed up for a free incentive on your website).
- Create Lookalike Audiences (people who are similar to your best customers/clients).
- Remarket to everyone who visits your site, or just to people who visit specific pages or take specific actions.
Focusing on Warm Traffic
These users who have been to your website, I like to call WARM TRAFFIC as they have already been to your website and know your brand, therefore they are more likely to click your remarketing ad targeting them in the future.
EXAMPLE: We tracked a user who made it to our product page but never made a purchase… no worries, people get busy! With the Facebook Pixel installed, we can now “remarket” this specific product to this user via a Facebook Custom Audience.
7 Touch Points
People need an average of 7 touch points before they are “sales ready”. This means the average customer needs to see your website, brand, and/or an ad 7 TIMES before they are ready to make a purchase, sign up, etc.
With the power of the Facebook Pixel we can retarget and re-engage these warm audiences with ease!
Getting Help From Facebook
Facebook now offers a step by step guide for installing your Facebook Pixel. Just go to: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/pixel-setup-get-started