How to Give Someone Access to a Facebook Ad Account
Congrats on enrolling in our ads management services at Coursenvy!
If you stumbled onto this link by accident, click this link below to learn more about our top-rated ad agency with over 500 happy clients: https://agency.coursenvy.com
Now it is time to provide access to your Facebook ad account so we can work on your account! When signing up as a new client for our Facebook Ads service, we will need access to your Facebook Ad Account/Pixel and Facebook/Instagram Business Page.
This is a 3-step process:
- Set up your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Provide Coursenvy access to your Facebook Assets.
- Make sure your billing information is updated in your Ad Account.
Step 1 – Set up Your Facebook Business Manager
To create a Business Manager Account, use the following steps.
If someone else at your business has already created your Facebook Page, you will need to be added to the Facebook Page as an Admin before you can create the Facebook Business Manager account. Learn how to add an Admin in the video at: https://www.coursenvy.com/the-complete-facebook-business-manager-guide (send an email invite for ADMIN access to the email address you plan to create your business.facebook.com account with)
- Sign in to your personal Facebook account.
- Go to the Business Manager Overview Page.
- Click the Create Account button.
- Enter your Business Name & Email Address.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Business Details (Address, Phone Number, and Website).
- Select Promote its own goods or services for Business Use.
- Click Submit.
- An email with the subject Confirm your business will be sent to the email address you entered. Click the Confirm Now button in the email to receive full access to the account.
- Once confirmed, you have successfully created a Business Manager Account and can proceed to the following items.
Now access your new Business Manager account. You will now see the following tasks above needing completion: Add Page, Add Ad Account, and Add People
- Click the Add Page button and a popup with the title Add Pages to Business Manager will appear.
- Under Add a page you own (assuming you have a Facebook Page created for your business already!), click the Add Page button.
- Enter the name of your Facebook Business Page, select it, and click the Add Page button.
- A popup will immediately appear with the following: ‘Since you’re already Page admin on this Page, your request was approved automatically.’
- Click the Close button.
- Have you linked your Instagram Account to your Facebook Page? If not… Connect your Instagram Account to your Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/898752960195806
If you have created ads in the past without a Business Manager account, you were using a Personal Ad Account. For an optimal setup, you will need to create an Ad Account dedicated to promoting your Facebook Business Page.
- Click the Add Ad Account button and a popup with the title Add Ad Accounts to Business Manager will appear.
UnderCreate a new ad account, click the Create Ad Account button.
- Enter the name of your business for the Ad Account Name and if applicable, make the necessary changes to the Time Zone and Currency.
- Click the Create Ad Account button. A new prompt will appear to add users to the ad account. At this point, you can just click the Skip button as you are the only user in your Business Manager Account at this time.
You will then need to set your Business Page as the primary page for the Business Manager Account.
- Go to your Business Manager Info page
- Click the Edit button to the right of your Business Manager Name, Identification Number, and Temporary Thumbnail Image.
- The Primary Page field will become a search box, enter your Facebook Business Page Name and select your Facebook Page.
- Click the Save button that shows up and your Business Manager Account will automatically take on the branding of your Facebook Page.
Did you install your Facebook Pixel on your website yet? This is a crucial step so you can have Facebook track the people who visit your website, then you can create audiences of these visitors and RETARGET these users with Facebook and Instagram ads (i.e. “warm audience”)! Installing your Facebook Pixel requires access to your websites code, therefore you should link up with your website developer to provide them with this info.
How to Create and Install a Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755
Step 2 – Provide us Access to Your Facebook Business Page & Ad Account
Facebook Reference Link — Give a Partner Access to Assets in Your Business Manager: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1717412048538897
1. Once the Business Manager Account has been created, navigate to Business Settings and select your business (if not already).
2. In the left sidebar, click Partners (under the Users section).
3. Click the + Add button.
4. Enter in the following Partner Business ID: 989323007897622
5. Then click the blue Next button.
6. In the left sidebar, click Pages.
7. Then Select the Facebook Business Page we need access to.
8. Make sure to toggle the option that says Admin Access.
9. Repeat this process for your Ad Account, Pixel, and Instagram Account (all via the left sidebar in this same popup window).
10. Select and toggle Admin Access for all these Facebook Assets we need access to.
11. Once done, click the blue Save Changes button in the bottom right.
Once done, our team should get the invitation to your Facebook Assets. We should be good to start working from there (we will request access to anything else if needed).
Step 3 – Making Sure Your Billing Info is Updated in Facebook Ads Manager
For all Facebook Ads campaigns you, the client, will get billed directly from Facebook. To
Loginto your Facebook Ads Manager
- Go to the Payment Settings in Ads Manager
- In the Payment Method section, click
- Choose the payment method you want to add, fill in your information and then click Continue. Follow any additional instructions to add your payment method.
- The payment method will be
savedto your account.
Once you have completed these 3 steps, please reply to your account manager so we can get started on your Facebook and Instagram ads!