How to Give Someone Access to a Facebook Ad Account
Congrats, you decided to outsource your Facebook ads management to Coursenvy!
If not, click this link to learn more about our top-rated ad agency with over 500 happy clients: https://agency.coursenvy.com
Now it is time to provide access to your Facebook ad account so we can work on your account! When signing up a new client for our Facebook Ads service, we will need access to the clients Facebook Ad Account and Facebook Business Page.
This is a 3-step process:
- Set up your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Provide Coursenvy access to both the Facebook Page and the Facebook Ad Account.
- Making sure your billing information is updated in your Ad Account.
Step 1 – Set up Your Facebook Business Manager
To create a Business Manager Account, use the following steps.
- Sign in to your personal Facebook account.
- Go to the Business Manager Overview Page.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter your Business Name & Email Address.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Business Details (Address, Phone Number, and Website).
- Select Promote its own goods or services for Business Use.
- Click Submit.
- An email with the subject Confirm your business will be sent to the email address you entered. Click the Confirm Now button in the email to receive full access to the account.
- Once confirmed, you have successfully created a Business Manager Account and can proceed to the following items.
Access your new Business Manager account. You will now see the following tasks above needing completion: Add Page, Add Ad Account, and Add People
- Click the Add Page button and a popup with the title Add Pages to Business Manager will appear.
- Under Add a page you own, click the Add Page button.
- Enter the name of your Facebook Business Page, select it, and click the Add Page button.
- A popup will immediately appear with the following: ‘Since you’re already Page admin on this Page, your request was approved automatically.’
- Click the Close button.
If you have created ads in the past without a Business Manager account, you were using a Personal Ad Account. For an optimal setup, you will need to create an Ad Account dedicated to promoting your Facebook Business Page.
- Click the Add Ad Account button and a popup with the title Add Ad Accounts to Business Manager will appear.
UnderCreate a new ad account, click the Create Ad Account button.
- Enter the name of your business for the Ad Account Name and if applicable, make the necessary changes to the Time Zone and Currency.
- Click the Create Ad Account button. A new prompt will appear to add users to the ad account. At this point, you can just click the Skip button as you are the only user in your Business Manager Account at this time.
You will then need to set your Business Page as the primary page for the Business Manager Account.
- Go to your Business Manager Info page
- Click the Edit button on the right of your Business Manager Name, Identification Number, and Temporary Thumbnail Image.
- The Primary Page field will become a search box, enter your Business Name and select your Facebook Page.
- Click the Save button that shows up and your Business Manager Account will automatically take on the branding of your Facebook Page.
Step 2 – Provide us Access to Your Facebook Business Page & Ad Account
- Once the Business Manager Account has been created, navigate to Business Settings.
- On the left sidebar, click Partners. (Should be under the Users section)
- Click the + Add button.
- Enter in the following Partner Business ID: 989323007897622
- Then click the blue Next button.
- On the left sidebar, click Pages.
- Then Select the Facebook Business Page we need access to.
- Make sure the top right dropdown says Page Advertiser.
- Then on the left sidebar, click Ad Accounts.
- Then Select the Facebook Ad account we need access to.
- Make sure the top right dropdown says Ad Account Advertiser.
- If we’re also running Instagram Ads, then on the left sidebar, click Instagram Accounts.
- Then check off the Instagram account we need access to.
- Once done, click the blue Assign Assets on the bottom right.
- Once done, our team should get the invitation to both the Facebook Page, Facebook Ads account, and if applicable, Instagram account. We should be good to start working from there.
Step 3 – Making Sure Your Billing Info is Updated in Facebook Ads Manager
For all Facebook Ads campaigns you, the client, will get billed directly from Facebook. To
Loginto your Facebook Ads Manager
- Go to the Payment Settings in Ads Manager
- In the Payment Method section, click
- Choose the payment method you want to add, fill in your information and then click Continue. Follow any additional instructions to add your payment method.
- The payment method will
savedto your account.
Once you have completed these 3 steps, please reply to your account manager so we can get started on your Facebook and Instagram ads!