5 Best Print on Demand Companies for Custom Products in 2020
What is Print on Demand?
Print on Demand manufacturing is simply a third party company that enables you to upload your custom designs and create products. You will then list this product for sale on your eCommerce store. The Print on Demand company will produce your product one at a time (as customers order it) and then ship it to the customer for you (“dropshipping”). You will pay the Print on Demand company the wholesale cost for your product plus shipping to your customer. You keep the difference in net profit from your eCommerce stores product retail price minus the Print on Demand expenses.
Print on Demand Benefits
Print on Demand allows anyone to:
- Start a product business with ZERO risk (perfect for testing new design ideas).
- Create products based on new trends.
- Create highly customized products (i.e. bachelor party t-shirts with a custom name on it).
- Run an eCommerce store without the need for inventory because of your Print on Demand SINGLE order fulfillment.
- You can sell your custom designs on products such as t-shirts, mugs, home decor, and more without the expense printing machinery and employees!
- Print on Demand eliminates manual order fulfillment, shipping, large bulk orders, storage, employee payroll, and many more headaches small business owners encounter!
- Print on Demand manufacturing is the easiest way to create products to sell online with little to no upfront cost.
The 5 Best Print on Demand Companies for Custom Products in 2020
Printful.com (affiliate) is our go-to Print on Demand company for our own brands, as well as our clients!
Printful is also one of the only Print on Demand companies that fulfill your orders with your own custom branding on the package. For example, when a customer receives their order, the box/packaging will contain your brand name and logo, therefore not causing customer confusion by seeing the Print on Demand company branding… plus this is SUPER important for growing your own brand awareness in the long term!
Here is our entire ranked list of Print on Demand companies we have used/suggest:
#1 – Printful
Integrates with the most eCommerce stores. Shopify, Etsy, Squarespace, Amazon, WooCommerce… the list goes on and on!
#2 – Printify
They have a network of print providers all over the world, keeping your shipping cost way down. A close 2nd place for sure!
#3 – Gooten
They offer a HUGE range of really high-quality products.
#4 – CustomCat
Products are cheaper than Printful, but not the greatest user interface and it only integrates with a few eCommerce platforms.
#5 – SPOD
Print on Demand for Shopify, prints/ships in 48 hours!
Create a Printful Account
Once you create your Printful account, the first step is to connect your online eCommerce store to Printful via the Stores page. This is why we LOVE Printful! They have a full step-by-step tutorial and integration for nearly every eCommerce platform your store could be hosted on. Check out all the custom product options by clicking the button below (affiliate):
Printful Case Study Results
We are currently getting a 6x Return on Ad Spend using a Facebook Catalog Sales campaign retargeting “Added to Cart But Not Purchased” in the last 14 days. Check out on of our Coursenvy “Print on Demand” t-shirt brands at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoursenvyCom