Top 10 Best Email Subject Lines
Choosing the best email subject lines can be a challenging task. This is the FIRST thing your email list subscribers see… and is usually the sole reason someone will open your email in the first place. Here are #CoursenvyTop10 tips to follow when brainstorming your best email subject lines:
- Keep it short. People have SHORT attention spans. Get to your Call to Action quickly.
- Try using a “personalization” token/code to include the subscriber’s first name in the subject line. This establishes an instant rapport and personal touch. Make your subscribers feel unique and special!
- Start with an ACTION verb.
- Create a sense of urgency that will make them HAVE TO open your email now… not weeks later.
- Use numbers… it shortens the email in the subscriber’s mind and gives them actionable steps.
- Ask your subscriber a question or simply pique their curiosity enough to want to open the email.
- Be funny.
- Give them an OFFER they can’t resist!
- Don’t overdo CAPS, emojis, and punctuation.
- A/B split test subject lines in your email marketing provider (we suggest ConvertKit https://www.coursenvy.com/convertkit).
Best Email Subject Lines = Benefit + Curiosity
We here at Coursenvy have run the spectrum of email A/B split tests when it comes to picking the best email subject lines… so below we will not only show you what has worked for our clients but also break down the subject lines by category!
Numbers & Lists – Best Email Subject Lines
Telling your subscribers that you have only a FEW things to tell them via a NUMBER in the email subject line works great. A numbered list helps instill your CALL TO ACTION in a simple step-by-step fashion!
-Example: The top 10 ways to increase your sales
-Example: 5 Reasons Why You Should Start [XYZ]
-Example: Start a Profitable Etsy Shop in 14 Days
-Example: 3 Ways to Improve your Tweets
-Example: 10 Tips for Losing Belly Fat
-Example: How we got 10,000 followers in 2 months!
-Example: 12 Hacks to Better Facebook Ads
Curiosity – Best Email Subject Lines
We are all guilty of it… opening an email because the email drew us in with a question or similar curiosity provoking statement.
-Example: Secrets that Facebook Doesn’t Want You to Know
-Example: Don’t Open This Email
-Example: 9 Disgusting Facts about Brushing your Teeth
-Example: A surprise gift for you!
-Example: Steal these email templates…
-Example: So I’ll pick you up at 7?
-Example: As you wish…
-Example: [brand] vs. [brand]
Punctuation & Symbols – Best Email Subject Lines
I don’t know about you, but as you scroll through your old emails, any with several punctuation marks or use of symbols and emoji’s seem to jump out!
-Example: ***STOP*** collaborate and listen…
-Example: 🙂🌟😁❤ Saying thanks!
-Example: Did you hear?! Watch what Bill Gates said!!!
Scarcity – Best Email Subject Lines
I love using scarcity email subject lines with retargeting emails… or emails to people who maybe added something to their cart, but didn’t checkout.
-Example: Don’t Miss Our Facebook Ads Mastery Webinar! Only 6 Spots Left!!
-Example: Save 50 Percent TODAY Only!
-Example: Last chance before ours doors close…
-Example: Your 6-figure income goes bye-bye at midnight…
-Example: 33% off your favorites for the next 24 hours!
Sign up for a FREE ConvertKit email marketing platform trial here:
Disclaimer: Some of the links on Coursenvy.com are affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase from one of our links, we will earn a commission (we use this money to keep the lights on at Coursenvy!) This commission comes at no additional cost to you. That said, we test each product thoroughly and only suggest tools we use and find are the BEST! We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.